Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Kindness of Maria
by
Xatire Aliyeva

Today Maria woke up and she felt very happy because today international women's day and she had a present for her mother. She washed up her hands and face then went to do breakfast. She saw her mother and said, "Good morning mother, happy holiday my dear. I wish you happy and healthy days with us." Then she gave her present. Mother said, "Oh my dear, you are very polite. Thank you, my lovely baby. I love you very much."

Then the telephone rang. It was Maria's grandmother. She asked to Maria to come to see her. Maria agreed and she went to her grandmother.

On the way, she saw her cousin. She said, "Hi Maria, I am going to the market. Please go with me." Mariya answered, "I would like, but I must go to my grandmother. She is waiting for me." Her cousin said, "It will not take you a long time." Maria agreed and they went to the market together.

In the evening when it was 8 o'clock, Maria's mother was very anxious because she did not come back from her grandmother. Mother called to her and asked about Maria, but grandmother said that Maria hasn't come to me. I thought she was at home. At that moment, mother didn't know what to do, how to look for Maria. She wanted to call the police.

Now, there was a knock at the door. Mother opened the door and saw Maria. She embraced her and asked, "Oh my daughter, where have you been since afternoon?" Maria began to tell her story: "Mother, when I was going to grandma, I saw Jane on the way. She was going to the market and asked me to go with her. When we were going we saw an old woman. She had many paper bags in her hand. They were very heavy and she couldn't carry them. We came up to her and helped to carry bags. Then we reached her home. We decided to stay and help her with housework. She was very happy because she lives alone, no one helps her do housework. She thanked us and we returned home. All day we were busy there."

Mother also thanked her daughter. When Maria was sleeping at night she was very glad because during holiday she made an old, lonely woman happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment